Тесты по английскому языку с ответами
201. We … to the theatre tonight.
B. are going
202. Look! It’s Francis! I … him for ages.
D. haven’t seen
203. I couldn’t see what everybody … at.
E. was staring
204. As soon as my brother … school he is going to join the army.
205. Don’t let the children … too much ice cream.
206. I saw him last week, but I … since then.
E. haven’t seen
207. When the house … , it will look different.
A. is painted
208. If you … me about it earlier, I will help you straight away.
209. Could you make him … singing?
210. At this time tomorrow I … in the lake.
D. will be swimming
211. The printing press … in the fifteenth century.
B. was invented
212. May I go out and play in the street? – You … . It’s dangerous to play in the street.
213. This letter … immediately.
E. must be sent
214. If you … to the station now, you would find him there.
215. The boy … the letter, if you had given it to him yesterday.
E. would have sent
216. They asked him how long it … him to do this work yesterday.
A. had taken
217. The longer I look at the picture the … I like it.
218. I spend … time on my work if I work hard in class.
219. He was asked if he … any foreign languages.
220. My husband works too hard. I wish he … his job.
221. At the hotel there were neither showers … bath tubs.
222. He hardly … any work.
223. If John weren’t rich, he … his last holiday in Vegas.
C. didn’t spend
224. Young people talk very loudly, … makes their parents mad.
225. An average family has … children now than before the war.
226. World War II is known … the most cruel in history.
E. to be
227. Let’s meet at 5:30. I … work by then.
C. will have finished
228. I’d rather … English.
229. World War II is known … the most cruel in history.
A. to be
230. I’d rather … English.
231. If he … us a lift, we wouldn’t have had to take a taxi.
D. had given
232. Would you mind … the window? I can’t bear the cold.
233. Who is going … at the meeting?
C. to speak
234. He … he liked the city.
235. He … me the story of his life.
236. He doesn’t always … the truth.
237. Let them … the letter.
238. Please, tell your son … .
A. not to go out
239. I asked him where he … .
C. came from
240. She told me … tomorrow as she wouldn’t be there.
E. not to come
241. My friend was so busy yesterday, that he … to the country with me.
D. couldn’t go
242. Moscow is … city in Russia.
A. the largest
243. No news … good news.
244. Where did you buy this watch. The watch … very good.
245. Here you are! We … about you for an hour.
B. have been talking
246. I don’t allow … to take my calculator.
247. This man is never afraid of … .
248. Can you hear … ?
249. … our success depend on all these changes?
250. Why isn’t the new model … reliable as the old one?
251. He asked me … to make all the necessary calls.
A. not to forget
252. The story … in several magazines lately.
C. has been published
253. I … for my telephone book for over an hour.
C. have been looking
254. Why does he look so … ?
255. After Adam … to the adults, he turned to me and said: ………………………
256. I … you everything frankly, but you were away on business then.
A. would tell
257. When I went into the cinema, a new film … .
C. was being shown
258. This matter … at once.
D. must be considered
259. … and don’t go out in this raining weather when you have the flu.
E. Be reasonable
260. “He … to make the journey!” “What’s a pity!”
A. isn’t able
261. Money … for buying and selling goods.
A. is used
262. Thus, we can only … about how money first came into use.
263. Throughout history several metals … as commodity money, including copper and iron.
E. were used
264. Our new TV-set came with a … on all electrical component
A. ninety-days warranty
265. She used … very beautiful when she was young.
B. to be
266. Hundreds of house and … buildings have been destroyed by the tropical storm.
267. Ask him what … films they saw at the festival.
268. We didn’t know his address. – …
D. neither did he
269. I am right, …?
E. amn’t I
270. I’m sorry, I don’t know … about it.
271. I spend … time on my work if I work hard in class.
272. The sooner you come the … .
273. Neither Frank … Peter could answer my question.
274. Mr. Brown and Mr. Smith don’t speak to … . They had had an arrangement yesterday.
E. each other
275. They will bring books if they come, …?
C. won’t they
276. Let’s go home. There’s … interesting here.
277. When we met on Friday, Peter told me that he … me up the day before.
A. had rung
278. Have you ever been … England?
279. It has stopped raining after people … without umbrellas.
D. are walking
280. The train will already have left … the time we come to the station.
281. He didn’t blame me … anything.
282. You should tell … me the truth.
283. Let’s go … home together.
284. I wonder what street … in?
B. he lives
285. Shall I answer … the letters now?
286. Did you go … yesterday?
287. If you work at your English, you will be able to speak well … two years.
288. She sat … .
289. … an answer he wrote a letter again.
B. Not having received
290. I think Peter is cross … me.
291. … the conductor nor the porter took any notice of Mark Twain.
292. They walked on and on … of the rain.
C. in spite of
293. … Mr. Winkle fell on the ice, he didn’t hurt himself.
294. The woman pointed … a large building at the corner.
295. You can wait … there.
296. Our party has been fixed … next Saturday.
297. Do fares increase … ?
298. Do you often travel … business?
299. When … the book?
E. was published
300. The woman answered that she … two return tickets.